Ready to work hard with a great crew on an innovative regenerative agriculture project? Join us in improving the land while providing local markets with diverse meats of unparalleled quality.
Spray Creek Ranch is a regenerative organic farm in Lillooet, BC. We are BC Certified Organic and Animal Welfare Approved, and we sell our meats at farmers’ markets and restaurants throughout the Sea to Sky. Our staff are involved in all aspects of the challenging work of running a diversified agroecological farm, from birth to plate. Learn more at spraycreek.ca.
We are seeking a full-time seasonal ranch hand from March 4 – November 15, 2019. Experience in agriculture is a must, and educational background in the trades, ecology, agriculture or forestry is an asset. Applicant must have a driver’s licence valid in BC and be prepared for physical labour in the outdoors in all conditions. Wage is $15/hr, negotiable based on experience and skills, with additional end-of-season bonus and profit sharing.
- feed and tend cattle, pigs and poultry
- work with wheel-line, handset and big gun irrigation
- operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment
- build and maintain farm structures and fencing
- assist in slaughter, butchery and packaging of meat
Our farm is located 15 kilometres south of Hwy 99, down Texas Creek Road on the west side of the Fraser. It’s a beautiful 20-minute drive out from Lillooet, where you’ll find all the amenities of a small town, including the REC Centre, Lillooet Library, and numerous activities. There are options for living closer to the farm — let us know if you are searching for housing.
Why Should You Apply?
- Fair wage, bonuses & profit sharing + product discounts
- Meaningful work on an innovative regenerative farm
- Diverse experiences & work tasks
- Opportunities for ongoing employment
Fill out our online application form here. Your application should include your résumé or curriculum vitae, and a cover letter or short video introducing yourself and detailing your interest in the position, which must be submitted by email. Applications are due by February 1, 2019.