Take this weekend’s barbecue to the next level with this delicious marinade from Farmer Mo.
- Place the spatchcock chicken in a dish to prepare for marinading overnight.
- Blend the marinate ingredients together and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Reserve about 1/4 of marinade for basting while you barbeque.
- Pour the remaining marinade over the chicken and stir to coat.
- Cover and marinade overnight in the fridge
- Then…it’s BBQ time! Bring the BBQ up to high heat and oil the grill.
- Add the spatchcocks and reduce to medium-high heat.
- Flip the chickens every 5-10 minutes depending on the size and heat of your grill, and use a brush or spoon to baste with the marinade every time you flip.
- Cook until the thermometer reads 165F when inserted into the thigh.
- Let the birds rest for 5-10 minutes, then carve and serve!
(makes enough for 2 birds)
1 medium onion
½ can pineapple (chunks and juice blended)
¼ cup soy sauce
¼ cup ketchup
¼ cup Chinese cooking wine
½ tbsp Worcestershire
1 tbsp rice vinegar
½ tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp ginger
1 tbsp garlic powder (or 2 cloves of fresh garlic)